2 Concrete Material Texture (Seamless-Tileable) DrCG No 62
What do you know about concrete?
- Concrete is the second most used material on earth after water
- Concrete production contributes 5% of annual anthropogenic global CO2 production.
- Concrete in the middle of the Hoover Dam, opened in 1936, is still drying out!
- The largest ever, unreinforced concrete dome construction is the Pantheon in Rome, which is over 2000 years old
- , if sealed in a thermos flask with water, will reach boiling point
- 99% of all ‘cracked’ concrete is associated with other construction factors and not the material as delivered
- Concrete is an extremely inexpensive material when you consider what it does. For example: 1m3 of concrete = 1000 litres of product. If you were to buy the same volume of paint, you would pay a lot more and it wouldn’t be as durable
- Concrete sets and hardens under water
- Concrete actually has elastic properties
- A ready mixed concrete plant can have in excess of 2000 mix recipes available